[artix-general] Server brought down with update

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Oct 12 05:17:12 CEST 2020

My main server has been brought to its knees with the last update.  I
thought that maybe it is not getting an agetty council and x is not
running on it.  I am not sure any longer if it was working with X
before, as I rarely put my hands on it.

For sure, the /var/spool/error log reads (after mounting the partitions
from a rescue set) and pam errors with an error pam_tally.so unable to
open with dlopen, or something like that.  there is a reported bug here,

https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1280

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/67372

I SO... do not want to rebuild this with mod_perl et al

--
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com