[artix-general] [qemu] qemu-5.2.0-3 bridge-helper broken

Dudemanguy dudemanguy at artixlinux.org
Wed Mar 3 19:13:47 CET 2021

On 3/3/21 1:58 AM, Orwar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it appears the upgrade from qemu-5.2.0-2 to  qemu-5.2.0-3 broke the
> functionality of /usr/lib/qemu/qemu-bridge-helper.
>
> This binary is a SUID-binary and therefore requires the user:group to be
> root:root. Unfortunately it seems in the latest upgrade the user:group
> are colord:colord.
>
> Because of this, trying to use qemu-bridge-helper results in the errore
> message
>
> failed to create tun device: Operation not permitted
> qemu-system-x86_64: bridge helper failed
>
> Downgrading to qemu-5.2.0-2 fixes the problem.

Thanks for the report. There was a binutils/makepkg bug a while ago that
messed up file permissions. We thought we had all the packages that were
affected fixed, but it looks like this slipped through the cracks. I
just pushed qemu-5.2.0-3.1 to the repos which has the correct
permissions (root:root:) now.