[artix-general] Please make an antix-announce mailing list

Erik Lauritsen eriklauritsen at yandex.com
Thu Feb 11 03:07:52 CET 2021

> On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 07:18:35PM +0000, Erik Lauritsen wrote:
>
>>> there is so little traffic what does it matter
>>
>> It matters a lot. If you don't care, then don't subscribe!
>
> No - it doesn't matter at all when you have 3 or 4 posts a month, and
> there is no reason for you to be a nasty.

Nasty? What are you on?

> I am so sick of people being pricks. If you have a temper problem, and
> can't converse like a normal person then step away from the keyboard.

Clearly, you are the one with the problem.

> Even on the forum there is barely any announcements.

It doesn't matter. Even if there is only an announcement once every year,
then that announcement is important, and getting an email is a VERY good
way to stay updated. I haven't got the time to check out every single forum
for every single project I am dealing with, that would take up an entire day.

No. An announcement mailing list is a responsible and really useful way to
keep users aware of important things.

> Maybe you aren't aware of this, but when we created to format for email
> we created something called the SUBJECT LINE. And there it has the
> subject, which might say [ANNOUNCEMENT] or some such. I assume you have
> eyes and you can scan your email in mutt or whatever MUA that you have.
>
> OTOH, for the poor slob who is running the mailing lists, it is another
> completely uneeded secruity vector and item to administer, all because
> you are too lazy to read 4 messages a month.

This has nothing to do with being lazy. These lists grow over time. I don't
my inbox packed with every new users questions about how to install Artix
or how to do X, Y or Z.

Maybe the traffic is low now, but hopefully it wont stay that way.

So no. This has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Every respectful project has an announce list, which is all I am interested
in being subscribed to. The rest of the lists I can read on the archives.

>>> http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive
>>> http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!