[artix-general] Please make an antix-announce mailing list

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Feb 8 20:36:51 CET 2021

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 07:18:35PM +0000, Erik Lauritsen wrote:
> > there is so little traffic what does it matter
>
> It matters a lot. If you don't care, then don't subscribe!

No - it doesn't matter at all when you have 3 or 4 posts a month, and
there is no reason for you to be a nasty.

I am so sick of people being pricks.  If you have a temper problem, and
can't converse like a normal person then step away from the keyboard.

Even on the forum there is barely any announcements.

Maybe you aren't aware of this, but when we created to format for email
we created something called the SUBJECT LINE.  And there it has the
subject, which might say [ANNOUNCEMENT] or some such.  I assume you have
eyes and you can scan your email in mutt or whatever MUA that you have.

OTOH, for the poor slob who is running the mailing lists, it is another
completely uneeded secruity vector and item to administer, all because
you are too lazy to read 4 messages a month.

Ruben

--
http://www.mrbrklyn.com