[artix-general] runit for background (boo!) processes?

Jason Cooper jason+artix at coldbeach.io
Tue Feb 16 17:07:51 CET 2021

All,

I’ve been using Artix / runit for a few months now with great success.  Now
I’m moving over some of my servers to Artix that run `cloudflared`.  Sadly,
this tool doesn’t have an option to disable backgrounding (daemonizing).

What’s the idiomatic way to handle such processes with runit?  I’d like to
do more than `/etc/rc.local`, and obviously less than full supervision
runit.  How does everyone handle this situation?

Thanks!

Jason