[artix-general] [s6] lvm2-s6 upgrade "from 20201130-1 to 20210205-1" breaks system

Kian Kasad kian at kasad.com
Fri Feb 12 23:03:23 CET 2021

On 21/02/12 11:35AM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
> On 2/10/21 11:06 PM, Javier via artix-general wrote:
> > ohh, I haven't noticed it until Today...
>
> Sorry to guinea pig you, but if you have a chance could you test
> s6-scripts, lvm2-s6, and cryptsetup-s6 (if you use that one too) from
> gremlins (install them all at once of course or else bad things may
> happen)? That *should* work correctly.

We just chatted on the IRC channel about this, but I'm posting here so
everyone else (really just Javier) can see too. I installed lvm2-s6 and
s6-scripts from [gremlins] and everything works fine. I've only been
using them for ~10 minutes, but all of the boot-up problems have been
solved. I haven't noticed any regressions.

For reference, I'm using ext4 on lvm on a LUKS partition.

--
Kian Kasad
PGP 0x1715EEAA14DAEC1