[artix-general] [universe][tor-browser] mozilla-common removed from official repos

Javier je-vv at e.email
Sat Apr 17 02:29:56 CEST 2021

Hi !

mozilla-common has been removed from official repositories, which seems fine since:

> % pacman -Ql mozilla-common

> mozilla-common /etc/
> mozilla-common /etc/profile.d/
> mozilla-common /etc/profile.d/mozilla-common.csh
> mozilla-common /etc/profile.d/mozilla-common.sh

Plus:

> % cat /etc/profile.d/mozilla-common.sh

> export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins"

And:

> % ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

> IcedTeaPlugin.so@

IcedTea keeps being available in the repos:

> % pacman -Qs icedtea

> local/icedtea-web 1.8.6-1
>     Additional components for OpenJDK - Browser plug-in and Web Start implementation

However, I think Firefox, Librewolf and Tor-Browser no longer support that plugin.  Actually I no longer see it as a plugin under "about:plugins" on any of those gecko based engines.  So, removing mozilla-common seems fine.  However:

> % pacman -Rcsu mozilla-common
> checking dependencies...
>
> Packages (2) tor-browser-10.0.15-1  mozilla-common-1.4-6
>
> Total Removed Size:  81.38 MiB
>
> :: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] n

So, tor-browser needs to remove mozilla-common as a dependency.  So perhaps the universe tor-browser needs a minor upgrade, :)

Greetings !

--
Javier