[artix-general] [s6] not booting/rebooting laptop

Dudemanguy dudemanguy at artixlinux.org
Thu Oct 1 02:41:25 CEST 2020

I really appreciate all the detective work.

 > Bottom line, I don't know what's needed, but it seems something
 > waking dhcpcd back, and it doesn't seem it's the wpa_supplicant
daemon.  Perhaps the S6 supervisor, as it did not kill the
 > wpa_supplicant service itself, still believes it's up, and that's the
 > reason the dhcp daemon is restarted automatically.  I honestly have
no > clue.

Yeah this is the crux of the issue. Unfortunately, I have no idea how
this could be happening. The s6-rc command should shuts down everything.
My laptop has a similar setup with dhcpcd and wpa_supplicant and I've
never seen anything like this.

A really dumb workaround for you is to possibly just edit your
/etc/s6/current/scripts/rc.shutdown and add something like
"s6-rc -d change wpa_supplicant" before the exec command.