[artix-general] building python-pymupdf from AUR

Javier je-vv at e.email
Sun Nov 29 02:00:54 CET 2020

Hi,

It used to be both python-pymupdf and lector were part of galaxy, but they ended up dropped, which is fine.  The packages are available on AUR.

However I'm unable to pass the package check when building python-pymupdf from AUR.  According to the package maintainer, there's some issue about the linking process when building, mainly due to artix being a derivative distro, rather than arch.

I'm wondering what does the python-pymupdf PKGBUILD changes are required in order to make it build for artix as well.  Not sure if someone is familiar with that package (I know it was part of galaxy), and can provide some hints as to what to do to make it work.

See:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-pymupdf/#comment-777131
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-pymupdf/#comment-777224
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-pymupdf/#comment-777294