[artix-general] [s6] "lsblk -f" now showing uuids for lvm stuff (eg. volumes)

Javier je-vv at e.email
Mon Mar 30 01:49:52 CEST 2020

Hi,

Not sure if an effect of missing daemons running, but currently, when running "lsblk -f" I get:

> % lsblk -f
> NAME             FSTYPE      FSVER LABEL UUID                                 FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT
> sda
> ├─sda1           vfat        FAT32 efi   87C5-3983                             510.9M     0% /uefi
> ├─sda2           crypto_LUKS 2           8c3e2ece-e51a-47f7-b6dc-6a5a9797c7ca
> │ └─cryp-lm-4
> │   └─lm--4-root                                                               130.9G    35% /
> └─sda3           ext4        1.0   boot  43eec14d-1f21-4be0-b63c-34e56f543e90  256.7M    40% /boot

On arch, I would get instead:

> % lsblk -f
> NAME                  FSTYPE      FSVER    LABEL         UUID                                   FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT
> sdb
> ├─sdb1                vfat        FAT32    lm-3-uefi     F066-62B1                               510.9M     0% /uefi
> ├─sdb2                crypto_LUKS 2                      16b8246a-0dda-456c-ac9b-687e962652d7
> │ └─cryp-lm-3         LVM2_member LVM2 001               6RVcZc-teDE-6KzG-Wmce-Lalx-XQ78-KoRDWN
> │   └─lm--3-root      ext4        1.0      lm-3          ed95dae7-2300-4884-a22c-7b7691ee452c       87G    55% /
> └─sdb3                ext4        1.0      lm-3-boot     50ca5fdc-39dd-4046-b4be-c9f7108c0fa0    347.1M    22% /boot

Notice how both the group and the volume are shown their corresponding uuids, whereas on artix with s6, I'm not getting their corresponding uuids.  What could I be missing to get the right "lsblk -f" output?  Actually I'm not sure if this is related to being using the S6 init system, but my current guess is that I'm probably missing a daemon/service...  Currently running:

% sudo s6-rc -a list
[sudo] password for general:
s6rc-oneshot-runner
s6rc-fdholder
agetty-tty2
agetty-tty3
agetty-tty4
agetty-tty5
agetty-tty6
autofs
clamd-log
clamd-srv
cupsd-log
cupsd-srv
dbus-log
dbus-srv
dhcpcd-log
dhcpcd-srv
dmeventd-log
dmeventd-srv
elogind-log
elogind-srv
freshclam-log
freshclam-srv
gpm-log
gpm-srv
lvmetad-log
lvmetad-srv
mpd
ntpd
rngd
sshd-log
sshd-srv
thermald
udevd-log
udevd-srv
alsa
binfmt
cleanup
console-setup
dmesg
hostname
hwclock
kmod-static-nodes
lm_sensors
lvm2
modules
mount-cgroups
mount-devfs
mount-filesystems
mount-net
mount-sysfs
net-lo
random-seed
rc-local
swap
sysctl
sysuser
tmpfiles-dev
tmpfiles-setup
udevadm

To get lvmetad to work, I need to manually create /run/lvm after build...  I'm guessing that shouldn't be either, but I already started a conversation about it in a separate thread...

Thanks,

--
Javier