[artix-general] [s6] something to clean up after Today's update of elogind + elogind-s6 (hint: swap + moving to new way)?

Javier je-vv at e.email
Sat Jan 16 01:16:31 CET 2021

On 1/15/21 5:59 PM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
> Yeah that's kind of weird. Do you somehow not have a /etc/s6/sv/swap
> directory? Not sure how you could get that message otherwise.

No, I don't have that directory:

> % ls /etc/s6/sv/swap
> ls: cannot access '/etc/s6/sv/swap': No such file or directory

> % ls -d /etc/s6/sv/s*
> /etc/s6/sv/setup  /etc/s6/sv/smbd-log  /etc/s6/sv/smbd-srv  /etc/s6/sv/sshd-log  /etc/s6/sv/sshd-srv  /etc/s6/sv/sysctl  /etc/s6/sv/sysuser

I haven't manually touched this.  BTW, I use a swap file, not a swap partition, not sure if that had anything to do with the lack of such directory when originally installin artix...

> You don't have to do anything different. s6-rc -u change elogind (and
> the like) is still what you should use. It's just technically different
> under the hood. At some point in the future, the elogind-srv and
> elogind-log directories in the elogind-s6 package will be removed. I'm
> just giving time for users to update so they don't suddenly get their
> graphical session killed.

OK, good, no manual intervention regarding elogind-[srv|log].

What should I do about the missing swap directory though?

Thanks !

--
Javier