[artix-general] [s6] random boot error -> setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:232 put_font_kdfontop: ioctl(KDFONTOP): Input/output error

Javier je-vv at e.email
Mon Feb 15 02:32:56 CET 2021

On 2/14/21 7:03 PM, Javier wrote:
> On 2/14/21 6:54 PM, Kian Kasad wrote:
>> Take a look at /etc/s6/sv/console-setup/shell_up. Maybe add an echo to
>> stderr before and after the call to setfont(1). If you see the lines
>> appear before and after the error in the console, that's definitely
>> where the issue is. You can also try logging that entire setfont command
>> so you can reproduce it later.
>
> Will do as soon as I can.  Thanks !

OK, yeap, a 1st echo shows at the right of the prompt (as the error used to show up), then in the following line shows the error, and then there show up around 4 lines of the same echo (couldn't count, it's really fast)...

What do you mean by "You can also try logging that entire setfont command"?  Something like?

         setfont ${FONT_MAP:+-m $FONT_MAP} ${FONT_UNIMAP:+-u $FONT_UNIMAP} \
                 $FONT -C "/dev/tty${_index}" >& <some_place>/setfont.log

Such thing would prevent seeing the failure I'd guess, but it would log it under <some_place>/setfont.log.  Is that what you meant?

--
Javier