[artix-general] [s6] lvm2-s6 upgrade "from 20201130-1 to 20210205-1" breaks system

Javier je-vv at e.email
Wed Feb 10 23:01:38 CET 2021

Hi !

On Today's upgrade, lvm2-s6 upgraded from 20201130-1 to 20210205-1, but such upgrade just froze my system immediately.  So fine, I rebooted, but on boot, the system freezes when starting lmvmetad, not allowing a login whatsoever, with:

> Envfile:  fatal:  unable to open /etc/s6/sv/lvmetad-log/conf:  No such file or directory

Which get printed infinitely...

Only work around that issue was to boot the system from USB key, chroot to its local SSD, and revert lvm2-s6 back to 20201130-1.  I don't know if another work around was just to `touch /etc/s6/sv/lvmetad-log/conf`, but I can't tell.  Besides reverting back, for now I also included:

> % 'grep' IgnorePkg /etc/pacman.conf
> # Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
> IgnorePkg   = lvm2-s6

Thanks !

--
Javier