[artix-general] [s6] not booting/rebooting laptop

Javier je-vv at e.email
Thu Sep 24 02:39:05 CEST 2020

On 9/23/20 6:23 PM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
> On 9/23/20 7:08 PM, Javier via artix-general wrote:
>> BTW, installing it is weird, since it makes me overwrite the the files it owns any ways..
>
> Okay yeah, that definitely shouldn't have happened. My own machines
> changed to that one without any issues. Maybe the bad one I pushed
> messed up your machine in subtle ways. It definitely shouldn't have
> segfaulted either. Not sure what to say at this point.

One thing is for sure, when you accidentally made the scripts install in sub-dirs, I could poweroff and reboot fine.  The issue was that no servers/oneshots were triggered at boot, :).  So, there's something about scripts making powerdown hang.  About the installing, well, I have no idea, but once I install the package, I can re-install the exact same package several times without issues...

Please don't give up just yet.  Seems like there's still hope, or so I believe so, :)

Is there a way I can turn logging on for s6-linux-init in general (including the scripts), that gets logged somewhere (hopefully not getting corrupted, sine the disks are not getting unmounted on powerdown, and at boot I'm always getting journal cleanups)...

Thanks !

--
Javier