[artix-general] [s6] not booting/rebooting laptop

Javier je-vv at e.email
Sun Sep 20 22:48:38 CEST 2020

On 9/20/20 2:17 PM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
> On 9/20/20 1:15 PM, Javier via artix-general wrote:
>> So yes, s6-linux-init in gremlins does fix reboot/poweroff, but can't be used, since it sort of breaks S6...  But I'm glad it seems it'll get fixed,
>
> Argh, scripting error on my part. If you check your directories, there's
> a /etc/s6/current/scripts/scripts folder with a bunch of scripts in it.
> Just move those scripts out to /etc/s6/current/scripts and get rid of
> the /etc/s6/current/scripts/scripts folder. It should work again after a
> reboot.

OK, with that, S6 doesn't break, it boots normal.  However though reboot started working back, poweroff still hangs.  So it seems poweroff requires some more tuning?

BTW, there was not only on scripts sub-directory inside scripts.  There's another one inside that one:

/etc/s6/current/scripts/scripts/scripts

--
Javier