[artix-general] Fixes to connman-openrc

Yunxiang Li shironeko at waifu.club
Tue Sep 15 17:38:33 CEST 2020

Hi,

I've find that connman is overwriting my /etc/resolv.conf with just a
single line of

# Generated by Connection Manager

with no nameserver in it, possibly because I'm using wifi so internet
connection come late. One evidence to support the idea is it would
populate it correctly if I restart connman. Reading the log it seems
like it's doing so because

[connmand] Cannot create /var/run/connman/resolv.conf falling back to
/etc/resolv.conf

so I suggest the init script should first create /var/run/connman
before it starts connman. I've talked to the connman guys in there IRC
a few times and it seems like they are not sure if it's their job to do
it in the software itself. TBH it does seem like a software issue since
it does the correct thing of populating /var/run/connman/resolv.conf
but they haven't been very responsive about a fix.

I've tested the suggested fix, and it fixes my issue. I just need to
symlink /etc/resolv.conf to /var/run/connman/resolv.conf to use the
build in resolver or populating /etc/resolv.conf like one usually do
without connman constantly overwriting it.