[artix-general] [atix-general][s6] dhcpcd upgrade from yesterday (9.2.0-1 -> 9.3.1-1) breaks network connectivity

Javier je-vv at e.email
Fri Oct 30 01:47:27 CET 2020

On 10/29/20 4:50 PM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
> On 10/29/20 5:04 PM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
>> Hi all, I talked with upstream a bit about this. There's actually a
>> solid workaround for this. You just need to run a syslog daemon
>> (syslog-ng, metalog, etc.) and it will work. The developer is working
>> on fixing that.
>
> Oh and to be clear, the syslog daemon has to be running first for this
> to work. So parallel startup will probably not work since there is no
> guaranteed order. A bit annoying but with a couple of service manager
> commands you can get internet again.

So should we update dhcpcd-s6 making it depend on syslog-ng?  And then after getting the fix on dhcpcd, remove that?  So to guarantee the order?

Another workaround is to avoid upgrading dhcpcd until getting the fix.  I already have:

> % 'grep' '^IgnorePkg' /etc/pacman.conf
> IgnorePkg   = dhcpcd

I suppose in both cases we're waiting for the fix, :)

I'm wondering if it's a good idea to have the s6 logger and another one both working...  Perhaps preventing the dhcpcd upgrade is safest?

--
Javier