[artix-general] updates keep blowing away my desktop

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Nov 11 02:16:07 CET 2020

I've been using artix now for YEARS since it nearly started and I've
gooten pretty good at pulling it apart, but the stabilty of late has
been non-existent.  With every upgrade now I have to hold my breath in
the hope it goes smoothly.  WHen the kernel is being updated, the entire
system goes toast.  For the last three times that I've updated the
kernel, it not only hangs the box, but it ends up with a zero size file
for vmlinux or whatever it is called this week.

What is going on?

And it just will not shutdown smoothly.  I can walk away after running
shutdown -r now and it is still hanging after haveg and then you pull
the plug and it won't reboot.

And then there is something going on with gnome or gtk that it is
hanging up firefox and thunderbird.  Thunderbird and fireforx stop
taking inputs from the mouse and wiggle it and it responds.  I don't
even know what that is.

I've wasted three hours tonight trying to put together my workstation.

I know you guys are volunteers and working hard, but this is completely
self destructive.  This system has been practically rock solid for
nearly 5 years, and now it is coming apart at the seems.

Ruben

--
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!