[artix-general] migrating from arch and some related questions...

Javier je-vv at e.email
Thu Mar 19 23:05:57 CET 2020

On 3/19/20 2:54 AM, Javier via artix-general wrote:
> Hi !

Hello, something I forgot on my original post, was to ask about mirrors.  Is there a tool like "reflector" one can use to get the top 3 most up to date and faster mirrors for example, sorted from fastest on top and slower at the bottom?  Or can "reflector" be tweaked to work for both, Arch and Artix (given the need to keep using Arch for non yet ported packages).  I know there aren't that many Artix mirrors, but to me downloading from the most up to date and faster mirrors is almost a must (not the best connection to internet).  I do check weekly or bi-weekly, as time permits, and I've found differences between weeks.

On a side note, I don't know why pacman doesn't support downloading packages from torrents yet, syncing the trackers with only the latest packages versions...  That would change the need to explore the best mirror, and get even better download times, who knows, :).

Back to reality, how to select mirror then?  Just in case, I currently execute:

reflector -c us -p https -l 6 -f 3 --sort rate

I don't live in USA, but that's what has proved faster where I live.  Perhaps there's a better way I could run "reflector", but that's what I've been using so far.  Is there something similar available for Artix?

--
Javier

[0]  https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Migration
[1]  https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Migration#Prepare_the_repositories