[artix-general] How can I help?

Carlos Id id2test at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:30:34 CEST 2020

I'm looking for a way to contribute to Artix.
Yesterday I sent a pm with a runit script for firewalld to konimex who has already created a package from it.
I was suggested to contact the IRC channel, but did not have much luck there yet.
Just to give some background, I'm quite experienced in installing and administering linux envs.
For my job I install and support software running on Linux, and the integration with the OS. I analyze and fix problems.
I'm not a developer but one of my latest little projects was to write a program that extracts info from Firefox and uses it to setup davfs so a onedrive for business folder can be natively mounted on linux.
Another one was the result of the warnings in reviews about the reliability of updates in Arch linux. I made a procedure to clone my OS online, and create an identical VM (using Qemu/KVM) from it. This to be able to test in it, and also to be sure I can always restore my system using the clone and procedure.
If I could help out somehow, testing, packaging, troubleshooting, otherwise, or if you want more information, please let me know.
Thx.