[artix-general] [s6] upgrade on s6 packages breaks several artix box functionalities

Javier je-vv at e.email
Sat Jun 13 19:27:46 CEST 2020

On June 13, 2020 7:45:56 AM CST, Dudemanguy via artix-general <artix-general at artixlinux.org> wrote:
>Oh and beware that the new variable is now called DIRECTIVES not
>DIRECTIVE.
>
>On 6/13/20 8:38 AM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
>> On 6/12/20 10:36 PM, Javier via artix-general wrote:
>>> There might be other s6 packages coming in the pipeline to upgrade,
>>> but I suggest not pushing them until understanding what's going on
>>
>> The format for the /etc/s6/sv/daemon-log/conf file changed for all
>those
>> services. This is because the newest execline (2.6.1.0-1) is now
>capable
>> of supporting double quotes in the envfile command (i.e. like how
>bash
>> normally does it). This makes the logging script
>> (/etc/s6/sv/daemon-log/run) much simpler. If you had changed the
>> DIRECTIVE variable in the conf file in some way, you will need to
>> manually change your file to make sure the variable is correct. Those
>
>> conf files are part of the PKGBUILD's backup array and are not
>> overwritten if there are local changes. There should have been a
>message
>> during the upgrade that a .pacnew file and such was created.

Well, I dont hace any local chamges to any S6 stuff (none of my trials for decryptimg the non root FS failed). So pure stock/vanilla from artix. So I didn't get any pacnew file.  I'll try later upgrading the packages one by one to see if there's sort of one or two main culprits.  But 1st I need to upgrade some boxes excluding all S6 updates, and moving before that all swap files generated by fallocate to being generated by dd.

As for S6, I honestly have no clue, but if I'm not mistaken, perhaps I saw a message or two with the DIRECTIVE warning, but if that's the case, they came from artix packages, not me.

Greetings !
--
Javier