[artix-general] Using keybase without systemd

Javier je-vv at e.email
Tue Jan 28 21:16:53 CET 2020

On 1/28/20 2:06 PM, Dudemanguy via artix-general wrote:
> I only looked at the program briefly, but it looks like it's a daemon to me and there's not any particular systemd dependencies or anything. On arch, it looks like it just comes with a systemd service file. For Artix, the proper way to do it would be to add it a service script (AKA an additional *-openrc/*-runit/*-s6 package). You could workaround it by just running it manually though.

I was thinking manually, but calling the non gui stuff on bash_profile, if not already running, and then create a custom *.desktop for the gui with contents including commands like the ones I included.  No need for a daemon, and besides, I want to have env vars like proxy available, and if in need configure keybase based on those env vars (daemons most probably won't catch what I set on env vars)...  I was hoping someone might already be using keybase like that already, :)

Greetings !

--
Javier