[artix-general] New KDE Plasma / LXQt ISO

P3d3.F. p3d3f at riseup.net
Wed May 22 17:29:45 EEST 2019

Hi All,

I tried this iso, only one test by now, and all is almost fine. After
some hours of use I found only 4 points (The first, IMHO critical).
Obviously I installed an encrypted disk (btrfs).

1) After the system update mkinitcpio started and there wasn't the
"encrypt" in the mkinitcpio.conf hooks list. Without this parameter the
system boot but don't open the encrypted disk;

2) in systemsettings Regional Settings --> Spell Check --> is defined
the Hebrew language and is not possible to Add other languages. I think
its Hebrew, my son know Hebrew... :-)

3) I'm not able to connect to Samba devices on the network with
Plasma/Dolphin, while all work perfectly with LXQT/PCMAN; obviously the
same smb.conf. After some tests (all the Samba components are installed
and running) I discover that writing the address of the smb device in
the command bar of Dolphin, for me smb://nas/, all work fine. Don't work
the "click and point" connections

4) I'm not able to configure Dolphin to work with a single click of the
mouse. All is setted to use a single click but nothing... Dolphin
resist. This is really a new behaviour for me: never seen before.

That's all by now. I tested all on a Core Due Duo Notebook (DELL
Inspiron 9400) and it works like a charms, without problem also with
hard activities: to look a H265 Video.

I hope to be able, later or tomorrow morning, to do a second test
installation on a different PC with UEFI boot.

GREAT Work and Compliments!!!

Frank

--
P3d3f