[artix-general] libsystemd problems

Christos Nouskas nous at artixlinux.org
Thu Mar 14 00:11:13 EET 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:17:12 +0100
Johannes Findeisen via artix-general <artix-general at artixlinux.org> wrote:

> > > cmus: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> I wonder why the hell cmus has any dependency to libsystemd. Can
> someone explain this to me? In Arch Linux there is no dependency to
> libsystemd...

Well, cmus comes from [community] and somehow it's compiled against libsystemd...

Anyway, since libelogind is ABI compatible with libsystemd, we've decided to just symlink that latter to the former and enjoy everything work. The updated elogind has just been pushed to [gremlins].

--
Christos Nouskas
https://systemd-free.artixlinux.org