[artix-general] blocaled-0.1 released

Pierre Labastie pierrot.labastie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 21:54:57 CET 2019

Not sure it is the right place to report this, please tell me.

I've released the first version of blocaled (BLFS-localed)[1], implementing
the org.freedesktop.locale1 D-Bus service as a standalone daemon.

It is a descendant of the openrc-settingsd daemon, with no reference
to openrc anymore (and the other services hostname1 and timedate1
removed).

I've added a test framework, fixed a bug [2], and added the possibility to
choose the settings file names (for keymap, locale and xlayout) at build time
and also through a config file.

With this daemon, +elogind, the gnome desktop can be run
on a non systemd, non openrc, machine, with (almost) all
bells and whistles (gnome-logs, which depends on journald is
obviously missing). See [3] for a working example.

I've made a PKGBUILD and tested it on Artix with runit as init
system. Note that I have not tested gnome yet on Artix.

So, if you are interested, please tell me, I'll be glad to help packaging
it for Artix.

Regards,
Pierre Labastie

[1] https://github.com/pierre-labastie/blocaled/releases/tag/v0.1