[artix-general] DELL Inspiron 5767 Installation

P3d3.F. p3d3f at riseup.net
Fri Nov 24 12:12:32 EET 2017

Hi Nous,
while waiting that the website come back operational, and the wiki too),
I tryed to install Artix on a DELL Inspiron 5767 (CPU Kaby Lake 3,1Ghz,
8Gb RAM, GPU Intel integrated, HD 1Tb) and I'm having some VERY strange
behaviours.

ARTIX last ISO: no way to start the installation from the USB Key. I
controlled everything (md5, sha, etc...) and used the same key to
install another notebook, without problems. The error: no way to read
the data from the USB and pushed in the root emergency environment

ARTIX august ISO: it work perfectly and I'm able to use the LXQT
environment and to start calamares without any problems

ARCHBANG: last iso 021117, all work perfectly and the openbox
environment start in a while

Do you have any idea of what is different between the new and old Artix
ISO? I suspect something linked with the Kernel (ARCHBANG use a 4.13
kernel). Trying some parameters before to start, if I use the noapic the
startup step arrive till the tty activation, before to crash.

Should be interesting to discover the why, just to avoid that other
people, with a similar machine (Kaby Lake CPU are widely used) have the
same problem. I tryed both in legacy and UEFI mode, and the error is the
same. Obviously I deactivate, from the BIOS, the Secure Boot Option and
also the Fastboot.

If you have any idea, I can do some tests.

Ciao Francesco

--
P3d3f

Mobile1: +39-366-4xxxxxx