[artix-general] elongind and X

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Nov 22 21:05:59 EET 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 06:41:28PM +0100, artoo wrote:
> chmod of loginctl is not really good idea.

I agree

> Why don't you simply set up a polkit rule that does not allow user shutdown?
>
> I don't iget it, you you seem to have a talent to shoot yourself in
> the foot?

I understand.  You vew this from the prespective of creating the  os
with arch packages being imported but from my prespective on my server
I don't want that hairball free desktop crap as a wrapper to the Linux
kernel granting rights of any kind.

My laptop is one thing by my mail server and ssh and apache server is
another.  It is just a big rich attack vector and on my workstation it
is a huge complex hairball of dependencies where I've lost control of my
hardware.

I can't be the only expereinced user here to have looked at polkit and
said, "What the fuck do I need that for"

--
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com